Friday, June 20, 2014

 

Something I've been working on

It's summer, which makes me want to write poetry. Been knocking this one around in my head a while. I think it's sort of "Angelou-esque." Anyways:

17 Shades
by Nikki Massie

The world seems to move fast
Yet I move so slow
The reason for this?
Hell, I don’t know!
I’m young but I think I’ve got an old soul
I guess it just goes to show

I’m a home-town girl with a wandering heart
A “round the way” girl with a ton of book smarts
A victim of about a million false starts
Starting over is my art

I thank God for the sun
Dance in the rain
I live to laugh
But I thrive in pain
It’s quite possible that I’m just insane
But then again, what’s in a name?

For right now I’d rather go undefined
Live above the fray
And between the lines
That way what I amass is mine
To have and to hold in my space and time
Embracing my pen and a glass of wine
I wait in silence for my time to shine
My life is good, no reason to whine
Cuz as bad as it can get
Damn…I’m fine
And conceited
But that’s my line


;)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?