Monday, March 11, 2013

 

Nikki's Standard

It occurs to me that I don't have a standard, or a code of conduct by which I live.

I mean sure I live my life by the basic principles of Christianity and of the ever-popular "decent person" standard. But I'm talking about a personal standard, tailor made for my unique challenges in life. So I got to thinking about this during spin class (exertion = good latent thought for me) and here's what I've come up with so far. This, of course, is a work in progress.

  1. I will not let anyone - be it man, woman, child, old, young, romantic interest, friend or family member -  distract me from the things I need to do to stay healthy in mind, body and spirit.
  2. I will not apologize for things over which I have no control.
  3. I will not apologize for who or what I am - regardless of if I have control over it - because I am a work in progress and learn from each experience I have.
  4. When I feel lonely, I will look to God before looking to false idols.
  5. I will care for my body because it is the vehicle through which I travel life.
  6. I will care for my mind because it is a gift and a tool.
  7. I will care for my spirit because it belongs not to me, but to God.
That's where I left off when I said to myself, "Hey, I ought to write this down!" So I did.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?