Thursday, February 14, 2013

 

Day 2: Late, late and mo' late!


That was the theme of my morning at least. And in a lot of ways the theme of life these days. It occurs to me now how very long it seems to take for me to make personal progress. Part of this, no doubt, is the whole "single mother/one-income household" deal but it's also because in my mind there are steps that lead to a destination and I'm sort of like an ant. I need to follow the steps.

So today's picture is about 6 years in the making. That's because six years ago I graduated, ten years late, from University of Maryland Baltimore County with a bachelor's degree in English. The goal was to figure out how to...um...write and live (did that) and then get into grad school in two years. Well two years later I had bariatric surgery, started a blog and now here we are...six years later and I am finally applying to grad school.

But I believe that God knows what's best. I'm in a much better place to go to school now that I was before. I live relatively near the school. The kids are old enough to fend for themselves a few evenings a week while I'm at class. And, probably most significant, I KNOW what it is I want to do (more on that later). So it's time.

I am purposely not commenting on the holiday that is today. We have a tenuous past at best and not only because I am unmarried. But know that my God calls me to love my neighbor as myself and I strive to do that every day. So I hope you are blessed, today and every day, to know the love of God, the love of family, the joy of vocation and calling.

:)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?