Monday, February 22, 2010

 

Road Block #1

I am NOT pleased to report that yesterday I had my first “breech of promise.” I could blame the soy crisps…I really could…those bastards are really good and addictive…but it isn’t their fault. It’s MY fault. I am a compulsive eater. I can’t get around that.



That is not to say that it’s not something I can live with, but that I personally am powerless over it and that I do need a power greater than myself to deliver me from it. Because when you are stuffing your face when you are already nauseous from stuffing your face and yet you are unable to stop…that’s bad.

Today is much more manageable. Something about being busy keeps me on track. And having a plan in place. On weekdays I go to work and I come home and I do all the things that I need to do in life and I am o.k. On the weekends? I lose my ever-loving mind.

Mind you, going into this endeavor I knew it would be a hard promise to keep. Damn near impossible in fact. But you know why I did it? Because the commitment to keep at it despite my stumbles, I think, will make me stronger. And so the beat goes on.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?