Friday, October 03, 2008

 

Two inspring women in my life

I just wanted to give shouts to two phenomenal women in my life.
The above picture contains my grandmother, who my mom says I look just like now that I've lost so much weight. Can you tell which one she is? I bet you can! She passed away when I was a small child so I didn't know her nearly as well as I would have liked but judging by the tears that shine in my mother's eyes when speaking of her, she was a pretty special lady. I don't know what year this photo was taken but it has to have been at least the late 1940's or 1950. I'm glad my mom preserved this.




The second is my stepsister Crystal. She and I have not formally met but she is so inspiring to me! She's a single mom, an Olympic gold medalist, and now an educator and she is on this season of Survivor! So check her out on the show and support her because she is a woman on the move who will change the world.
As for me...I'm getting along just fine. Losing weight still slowly but surely. I'm down 116 lbs. as of last Monday. Economically, times are getting a little tough so I may have to (gulp) cancel my YMCA membership but otherwise my God provides for me and I am just fine.
And for those of you who are wondering, yes I'm over the blues (for now). But I'm one of those creative types so I reserve the right to get them again at any given time.





Comments:
is she behind the lady holding the shirt just to right of her?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?