Wednesday, September 24, 2008

 

On actually having to deal with your feelings

I'm a little blue. It happens sometimes but for the first time in my life I can't soothe the feeling with Oreo cookies or buffalo wings or pizza. It's in times like this that you see what emotional stuff you are made of. How am I coping? Well, I have resolved to focus on the things that make me happy and I am. That makes things a little better. I'll be blue for a little while and then one day I won't be anymore. Let's hope that day comes soon.

Anyway, I thought I'd start a list of things that make me happy. In no particular order, here are a couple of the things from my list:

1. Hanging out with my daughters
2. The smell of bleach
3. Coach purses
4. Sunrise
5. Sunset
6. Christmas
7. Scrabble
8. Being crazy busy (but owning it)
9. Running on the treadmill (it makes me happy when I complete the running)
10. The Notorious B.I.G.
11. Sex and the City
12. Good deals at Salvation Army
13. Chopping vegetables (weird I know)
14. Long walks in Columbia
15. Taking "mental health" days and hanging out with my mom
16. The Amish market
17. The YMCA
18. White Diamonds perfume
19. Harry Potter books
20. New hair pieces

So there you go...20 solid things that make me happy. I can focus in on those, right???

Seriously though, looking forward this weekend to renting the Sex and the City movie as I was sooo mad that I didn't see it on the big screen. Tomorrow I go out to Columbia but not for a walk but to go to our family's "Survivor" party. My stepsister Crystal (whom I've never met but still claim - Go Crystal!) will be competing and in the commercial she says she WILL be the first Olympic gold medalist and Survivor winner. So there!

Hey I forgot two last things that make me happy. Project Runway and Grey's Anatomy. The former is winding down the seaason and the latter premiers tomorrow! Maybe my blue is starting to turn pink...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?