Tuesday, August 19, 2008

 

Strange and Macabre...

Field Report: Strange things are happening to us over here. I just ate cottage cheese…and I think I liked it. Earlier this week my children reveled in a spinach salad prepared Cesar style (each salad with a full cup of spinach and a mere tablespoon of dressing) topped with Parmesan crusted chicken breast. And…even scarier still…it is just past noon and I’ve already drank 60 oz. of water!!!! I’m a little afraid. My greatest fear may have been realized. I may have transformed into…a HEALTH NUT!!!

Seriously people…just checking in. After my experience last week with “that-guy” (who I ran into at the supermarket a couple of days later by the way), I really feel sucky whining the way I was. For real…stalls happen. It’s a part of any weight loss process and especially of RNY so I should just get over it and keep living.

This weekend I am going out of town with the “kinda-sorta” boyfriend. I say kinda-sorta because we’ve been careful about labels and expectations. But do you define a relationship by what you call it out of your mouth or by how you live it? Hmmmm…that was deep. Anyway, we’re meeting his family for his brother’s graduation. My first meeting with the family. I’m a little nervous but at the same time I’m me. I know how fabulous I am so really is there need to worry??? On a dimmer note, for this event I had to leave my mom hanging for her yard sale (which, to my credit, was rescheduled to this week AFTER I made these plans).

Not much else new to report. Almost time for back-to-school. Trying to get my finances out of HELL before the Christmas season. And of course…I always need my chill time. Hope your summer is coming to a blissful close too.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?