Saturday, March 15, 2008

 

Lesson of the week: stop wanting what I don't want

This has been a good week overall. I started my new job as staff writer for Lutheran World Relief. I managed to look FIERCE every single day of the week and I even lost six pounds (according to my home scale, so let's take this with a good sized grain of salt). Why the post title then? I'll get that insanity out of the way so that I can give you the goods on all the above stuff.

Ok, so everytime I find myself wanting conventional things and I go after them, I just find myself realizing that I really don't want it. Case in point: relationships (of the romantic kind). I don't know what the heck is wrong with me. My rational brain seems to be on board with the idea of settling down, having someone to grow old with, yadda, yadda. But then I meet someone and I take it down a totally different road. Perhaps it's the extra paycheck I'm so over the moon about. I don't know but that's my lesson for the week. If I want something I need to pursue it, but if I get the chance to pursue and I don't I can't want it that bad. Thus, I need to stop wanting what I don't want.

So now that I've thoroughly confused 99.9% of the four people who read this blog, I'll tell you about my new job. I really have no idea what I'll be doing yet. But I don't care if they give me the grunt stuff, or boring stuff, or a lot of stuff because guess what? I'M A WRITER!!!! I am actually doing what it is I went to college to do. I love it. I love the organization, I love their work, I love the fact that the people there like working there. I. Just. Love. It. As I learn more about what I do and whatnot, I'll post the exciting details.

So about this weight loss thing. I have a theory. It's probably wrong. Ok, so I began to lose weight after a very specific chain of events. First, I started this new job and bought new clothes. Second, I skipped workouts for about three days. Third, I had a lapse in my meds (due to finances) for a few days. So #1 could be attributed to Murphy's Law but my theory actually pertains to #2 and #3. I think that skipping workouts actually helped me. I think I had such a high caloric deficit that my metabolism slooooooooooooooooowed to a crawl. I think taking it easy did me some good. Lesson learned: I should probably stick to the 30 minutes a day they told me and keep trying to get in that 800 calories (have not achieved that yet but I'm still trying). #3 is pertinent, but you really don't want to know why except to say that medication can cause certain...blockages that can cause you to weigh more than you should. Get it? Got it? Good.

Lastly, on looking FIERCE (I just love that word. Thank you Christian Siriano for bringing it back). I can see how many WLS patients can turn into shopping addicts. I am fitting in clothes I never fit in before and I just wanted to buy the whole store. Luckily, I decided before going in that I was limiting myself to 5 outfits and that is just what I got. So I am stylin' now, doing my hair everyday, using my ProActive Solution and whatnot. I'm gonna be a hottie.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?