Thursday, August 24, 2006

 

What ever happened to old fashioned romance?

I was inspired to write this after because I first I was convinced that "old school" love doesn't exist anymore. Now I think it does exist, just not for me right now. So I figure if I speak it into the universe, maybe it'll two-step its way on over here.

Enjoy.

What every happened to old fashioned romance?

Hidden smiles, clandestine glances
First words navigated by the watchful glances of mother’s and aunts
So much to go through
I don’t even know you
By my, oh my, how I want to

Strolling through the neighborhood
Afraid of holding hands
Dodging hungry eyes and thirsty ears
Prowling a place to converse
Your words are like a lyrical verse
I seek you, when I cannot see you
Who are you?
I don’t yet know you
Quite the way I want to

Friction , combustion, the of rubbing hands
Grazing of lips
The slightest flashing of forbidden skin
Tropical air lingers between us,
Wet and electric
There is only one good reason to stop
Kindling across the boundary
Of far and way too far
I have to refuse you
I cannot yet know you
But, damn, how I want to

Calla lilies, French lace
White as cream
Sage brooms
My handsome groom
Many smiles turned up at me
Walking through a curtain of rice
Baby steps into eternity
When you get old and I get old
we’ll smile with the knowledge of life revisited
of the tales we’ve lived
the times we’ve told
of new life sprouted from that first glance
And in that moment of delicious blessing
Finally, I shall know you
In the way that I was intended to

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?